Thursday, September 25, 2014

Endings Don't Exist

The decision to serve a mission has literally been the very best I've ever made. I may not be a greenie (a brand-new missionary) anymore, but I remember what it was like. A whole new beginning, a whole other world. Confusion, insecurity, new people, new rules, new everything! It was like starting my life over from the beginning, just because of all the changes I was experiencing. I did a lot of learning in my first six months as a missionary, just like a child does the most learning in the first few years of his life. Everything was brand-new and admittedly scary, because I had no idea what I was doing and what I was expected to do seemed impossible. But I took everything in stride, though not without difficulty, and I learned. I let myself have a new beginning, a chance to start my life over. And all that is thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Thanks to the sacrifice that our Savior Jesus Christ made for us, we can all have new beginnings. We don't have to live with all our past mistakes and imperfections. Believe me, I had many. I still have many, and for that I am so grateful that because of Him, I can erase those imperfections and weaknesses and have them become strengths for me. And you can, too. All that is required is a sincere desire to change, a belief--even just a "desire to believe," and a heartfelt prayer to our Father in heaven. And if you make room in our hearts for your Savior to come and do his work within you, you can begin to see the new beginnings in your life, just like I have in mine. It's not easy, but it's possible. I know it's possible, because I have seen it work in my own life.

The best thing about new beginnings like this is that you can have one every single day. You don't have to wait until "you feel ready" or until someone says it's okay. You can start now. And start again tomorrow. And the next day. That's what Christ offers--a new start every time you mess up. And with a bit of patience and continued belief--faith--"weak things [will] become strong unto [you]." I may not be a greenie anymore, but I still begin anew every day. The things I have learned and the people I've met have all changed me for the better. But most of all, the reason I can begin anew every day is because of my Savior. And you can, too!


Find out what else is possible #BecauseofHim!

No comments:

Post a Comment